Festivals with Myanmar Months | Festivals with English Months
Myanmar is a Land of Festivals: a festival for every month of the year. Most festivals are cultural and religious. Majority are notion-wide celebrated while a few are distinctly regional. The date of the festivals and special events usually fall on the fullmoon day of the month.
- Kayin New Year celebrated on 31 - Jan.
- Independence Day celebrated on 04 - Jan.
- Kachin Manaw Festival in Myitkyina, Kachin State celebrated 10 - Jan.
- Ananda Pagoda Festival in Bagan celebrated on 26 - Dec to 12 - Jan.
- Kayah State Day, Festival in Kaya State, celebrated on 12 - Jan.
- Naga New Year, Festival in Chin State celebrated on 15 - Jan.
- Feast of Shan Harvest Day in Shan State celebrated on 03 - Feb.
- Shan State Day, Shan State celebrated on 04 - Feb.
- Mahamuni Pagoda Festival in Mandalay celebrated on 1 - Feb.
- Kyaik-Khauk Pagoda Festival in Thanlyin (Syriam) celebrated on 25 - Jan to 2 - Feb.
- Union Day is celebrated all over Myanmar celebrated on 12 - Feb.
- Salone Festival celebrated on 14 to 17 - Feb.
- Pakhan Ko Gyi Kyaw Festival celebrated on 17 to 23 - Feb
- Peasants' Day a gazetted holiday celebrated on 03 - Mar.
- Maw-din Pagoda Festival, Ngapudaw, near Pathein celebrated on 03 to 17 - Mar. .
- Venue : Shwe Gu Ni Village (Between Pakokku and Mingyan).
- Shwe Saryan Pagoda Festival celebrated on 2 - Mar.
- Venue : Shwe Saryan Village, Patheingyi Mandalay
- Indawgyi Festival in Hopin, near Myitkyina celebrated on 10 to 17 - Mar.
- Zalun Pyidawpyan Image Festival.
- Venue : Zalun, near Pathein celebrated on 11 to 17 - Mar.
- Baw-gyo Festival, near Shipaw celebrated on 2 to 17 - Mar.
- Nyan Taw Pagoda Festival. (Shwe Myin Tin Pagoda) Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo) celebrated on 16 to 17 - Mar
- Katku Pagoda Festival, Katku celebrated on 2 - Mar.
- Pindaya Cave Festival, Pindaya celebrated on 26 - Feb to 2 - Mar.
- Tabaung Fullmoon Day, The whole country celebrated on 2 - Mar.
- Armed Forces Day, The whole country celebrated on 27 - Mar.
- Shwemawdaw Pagoda Festival, Bago celebrated on 09 - Apr.
- Thingyan Water Festival, The whole country celebrated on 13 to 16 - Apr.
- Sand Stupa Festival Min Thar Su Quarter,Mandalay celebrated on 14 to 15 - Apr.
- Myanmar New Year Festival, The whole country celebrated on 17 - Apr.
- Popa Ceremony, Mt. Popa celebrated on 17 - Apr.
- May Day, The whole country celebrated on 01 - May.
- Shwe Kyet Yet Event Shwe Kyet Yet, Amarapura celebrated on 29 - May.
- Kason Fullmoon Day, The whole country celebrated on 30 - May.
June / July
- Thihoshin Pagoda Festival, Pakkoku celebrated on 25 - May to 7 - Jun.
- Shinbinsagyo Pagoda Ceremony, Salay celebrated on 12 to 13 - Jul.
- Waso Fullmoon Day, The whole country celebrated on 13 - Jul.
- Fish Feeding Ceremony, Pwinphyu, near Magwe.
- Martyr's Day, The whole country celebrated on 19 - Jul.
- Shwe Kyun Pin Festival, Mingun celebrated on 30 - Jul to5 - Aug.
August / September
- Taung Byone Festival in Matara, near Mandalay celebrated on 21 to 28 - Aug.
- Yadanar Gu Festival in Amarapura celebrated on 21 - Aug to 11 - Sep.
- Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda Festival in Inle celebrated on 12 to 29 - Oct.
- Kyauktawgyi Pagoda Festival in Mandalay celebrated on 25 to 28 - Oct.
- Pindaya Cave Festival in Pindaya.
- Myathalon Festival in Magwe celebrated on 05 to 24 - Oct.
- Elephant Dance Festival in Kyaukse celebrated on 26 - Oct.
- Thadingyut Festival, The whole country celebrated on 24 to 26 - Oct.
- Thadingyut Fullmoon Festival, The whole country celebrated on 26 - Oct.
- Floating of all Festival, of lamps Shwekyin celebrated on 26 - Oct.
- Shwezigon Festival in Bagan celebrated on 17 - Nov to 9 - Dec.
- Thanbodde Pagoda Ceremony in Monywa celebrated on 03 to 08 - Nov.
- Phowintaung Festival in Monywa celebrated on 03 to 08 - Nov.
- Hot air Balloon Festival in Taunggyi celebrated on 24 - Nov.
- Robe Weaving Contest celebrated on 23 - Nov.
- Shin Mar Le Pagoda Festival in Mandalay celebrated on 07 to 08 - Nov.
- Kaunghmudaw Pagoda Festival in Sagaing celebrated on 24 - Nov.
- National Day, The whole country celebrated on 8 - Nov.
- Shwemyetmhan (Golden Spectacle) Pagoda Festival in Shwetaung celebrated on 01 to 08 - Dec.
- Kayin New Year celebrated on 19 - Dec.
- Christmas Day, Joy to the world celebrated on 25 - Dec.